Bardstown Bourbon Company Fusion Series 7 - Review



Stats

Bardstown Bourbon Company

Fusion Number 7

Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey

NAS - 3-12 Year Blended Barrels

98.1 Proof

Distilled in Kentucky

Mash Bill: Various (see below)

Retail Price: $60


Poured Neat in a Glencairn


Color: Amber


Nose: Corn and Vanilla forward with Oak and Rye Spices


Palate: Sweet Cream, Butterscotch pushes through to an Earthy, Spicy tone


Finish: Mellow, Easy Sipping with a slightly Warm Spice


Overall: Blending is where I "nerd-out" and this is the prime example. Five different mash bills blended together form this Fusion Number 7. 70% coming directly from Bardstown Bourbon Company and the other 30% coming from two undisclosed Kentucky Distilleries. The marriage of these bourbons is nothing short of art. The flavors mingle so well that it's hard to only sit down once and pick out certain notes. The mouthfeel is exceptional. Those flavors seem to change ever so slightly with each sip which keeps you on your toes. I'm really looking forward to pairing this with a medium-bodied cigar in the very near future.


I have the upmost respect for what goes on behind the scenes at distilleries. The trial and error along with the time devoted to these releases is truly incredible and doesn't go unnoticed. The transparency put forth on the label, only tells part of the story. I had the great pleasure of being given an incredible tour a few weeks ago by Brandon Smith and it opened my eyes even wider to the process and the volume of brown water Bardstown Bourbon Company deals with on a daily basis. From the processes of this top-notch facility to the final product, I'm a fan.


This bottle was a very generous gift from Mr. Smith when taking the tour. This in no way influenced my review or my opinions.


Breakdown of the Blend:

54% BBC 3 Yr - 75% Corn, 21% Rye, 4% Malted Barley

10% BBC 3 Yr - 60% Corn, 40% Rye

6% BBC 3 Yr - 60% Corn, 26% Rye, 10% Wheat, 4% Malted Barley

20% Undisclosed KY 12 Yr - 78% Corn, 10% Rye, 12% Malted Barley

10% Undisclosed KY 12 Yr - 75% Corn, 13% Rye, 12% Malted Barley


Library Rating: 8.4 / 10

956 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All